Fortress of the Emerald Queen
Basic Rules for Character Creation
This is all about just playing a character you want to play, having a blast with them at a level where they can really open cans of whoop ass, have the fun of a paragon path, but are still manageable by me (hopefully).
I’ve tried to make the adventure reward skill monkeys just as much as sword monkeys. There should be opportunity for both to be highly profitable. In a number of instances good skills will be needed to avoid repercussions in subsequent encounters so they will help the fighting side. Almost all skills are used and more info is given on this in Additional Information about the Adventure. That said it’s a one/two session adventure and this ain’t no court intrigue adventure – this is about killing shit, but not all the challenges you face can be stabbed/burned/banished. :P
- Level 13
- Any class
- Any race/playable monster
- Same starting attributes as those given by Ben for Avesta – 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
- Anything you can do in Character Builder basically except those things that are particular to Forgotten Realms or Eberron (you know Dragonshards or whatever)
- Some Mundane equipment may/will come in handy – Most mundane stuff don’t worry about but there are some items that give bonuses to skills which I would recommend. You don’t need to buy ammunition for your weapons and keep track of it.
- 4th ed is all pretty balanced and self explanatory so I don’t think I need to make any further distinctions!
Back to the Wiki Main Page.